April 2, 2007
Dark Avatar has been out for a while, so you provably know it pretty well by now. You've probably got your strategy all worked out, right? Well, perhaps it's time for something a little different:
Now, with the Randominator mod, EVERY game can be a new experience.
Note that if you want to use this with Dread Lords, you'll need to use v1.1 instead, which can be found here: http://library.galciv2.com/index.aspx?m=450
- Randomises pretty much every modable aspect of GCII, from tech costs to Races.
- Compatible with any other mod (in theory at least).
- Removes all core ships from the game.
- Can choose which parts of the game to randomise.
- Can choose whether or not to remove core ships.
- Option to include Total Randomination- random changes that massively affect how the game is played, such as setting all logistics costs to zero or making ships more expensive.
- Option to balance the promoted Minor Races, removing their large economy bonus in return for some starting techs.
Forum thread: http://forums.galciv2.com/?forumid=348&aid=131653
How to use the Randominator mod:
- Extract all files from the Zip.
- Follow the instruction in the Readme. (IMPORTANT! This does not work quite like a normal mod!)